Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pack faffing

We can caption this shot, “Okay, how much of this junk can I pull out of here and leave home...?” My loads are always lumpy, poorly organized, and just barely fit the space available. When H was little and I was carrying the typical “Father’s load,” I used a gigantic Gregory Cassin. Most people could put a daily change of winter clothes, an Optimus 111, a group cookset, and a month’s worth of food in a Cassin, with room left over for a basketball and a hair dryer. Me, carrying those tiny little clothes and the Boynton books? Lumpy, poorly organized, and just barely fit the space available. So it’s probably inevitable. Still, do I really need those meals? Ah, then I wouldn’t need the stove and pot either. And don’t the warm clothes make the sleeping bag redundant? Great idea! Maybe I can work this down to a lumpy, overstuffed fanny pack.

No comments: