Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nailed

I’ve developed a close relationship with an emery board over the last few weeks. It’s mostly the cold taking advantage of my general decrepitude, I suppose (though I did have a whack at one thumbnail with a chef’s knife), but my fingernails keep cracking and breaking and snagging on things. It’s driving me insane. I’ve just checked the web, and perhaps I’ll swan on down to Lovely Nails, or the more appropriate-sounding (for me) OK Nails, and get some of those acrylic things pasted on, painted in camo, and shaped in a stubby, ruggedly masculine way. Or maybe I’ll just stay home and finish filing them all down to the quick. Wait...I’ve already done that.

Ah! Radio Heartland saves the day again. Louis Prima is on doing his cheerfully silly version of the famous Benny Goodman Sing, Sing, Sing.



Now on to Al Dexter and Pistol Packin’ Mama.



My fingernails and I feel better now.

[How dopey am I. A niggle just made me look this up. Louis Prima wrote “Sing, Sing, Sing.” Goodman (especially drummer Gene Krupa, actually) made it famous. I do stand by my decription. The Prima version RH played was cheerfully silly.]

No comments: