Monday, April 8, 2013

Rollin’, rollin’ rollin’.

Yesterday, I pulled my bike out of the garage, where it’s been cringing all winter attempting to avoid chilblains, and hooked it up to the new trainer. So now I can: 1. put the seldom visited parlor and its rather lovely bow window to use, 2. keep tabs on whoever is walking along the sidewalk, 3. appreciate the gradual greening as spring comes on, and, of course, 4. pedal away like a demented gerbil, grouchily trying to make up for not being able to run.


I do believe I’ll sneak out for a short shuffle later this week, for old times’ sake, and I’m thinking the bod should allow a return to the pool so I can renew my battle to learn to swim rather than thrash.

Gotta keep them dogies rollin’.

Though on some days I prefer Sam Cooke’s more existential approach:
   Keep movin’ on, keep movin’ on  
   Life is this way  
   Keep movin’ on, keep movin’ on
   Everyday


No comments: