Monday, August 24, 2009

Arrrgh!

I bought a new lawnmower this morning and spent the afternoon pushing it around the front yard, knocking down the long, long grass daily rain produced while I was away.

This mortification of both the wallet and the flesh seemed right today. The Yankees thumped Boston twice over the weekend, and the Sox thumped them once (Tazawa!). These were not low-scoring pitching duels, that’s for sure, so I’ll refrain from cheap jokes about anyone mowing anyone else down. But New York left Boston 7-1/2 games up and looking too strong to catch. Now it’s a matter of hoping the Sox can secure the wild-card slot in the playoffs. For me, though, it turns the last weeks of summer into a time when cutting grass may be the most fun I’m going to have. Tomorrow, the back yard!

Bleeah.

No comments: