Friday, December 10, 2010

Brisk

It was 9°F (-13°C) this morning. No run scheduled, and for the walk I was solo (Paul cosmopolizing again). Bulked up in multiple layers and big old double Chouinard mitts. Desperately trying to separate my eyelashes, welded together by ice formed from watering eyes. Delighted to finish up and get home to some hot tea. This first really cold day always hits me the same way. Later in the winter? Water off a duck’s back. Actually, later in this winter? New Zealand summer! (57 Days, 11 hours, 13 minutes, 8 seconds, but who’s counting.)

2 comments:

Mark Renhaus said...

Hey cousin,

I know, I know. The cold hit me hard today also. I said to my brother "just takes some getting used to". Anyway, before I forget and the whirl of Christmas takes over.. Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

Regards,
Martin Benedict O'Brien II

Mark Alvarez said...

Hi, Marty!
I'm pretty thawed out. Hope you are, too. Say hi and happy holidays to everyone for me.